The FWC Online Learning Portal is an online learning management system.
The Portal is operated by the Fair Work Commission (the "Commission") on behalf of the Commonwealth of Australia. See the About us page on the Commission’s website.
By accessing the Portal (either the public or private access pages), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you do not have permission to access the contents of the Portal and therefore must not access the Portal and cease use immediately. You may use the Portal for non-commercial use or use within your organisation.
In these Terms the words "we", "us" and "our" refers to the Commission and the words "you" and "your" refer to the person using the Portal.
These Terms will apply in addition to any other terms that specifically apply to being a user of the Portal. But if those other terms are inconsistent with these Terms, those other terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
We reserve the right to change these Terms, at any time, at our sole discretion, without notice.
We reserve the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for any violation of these Terms. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- You may not: (i) modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to access or determine the source code of the Portal, (ii) copy, or reproduce the Portal in any way, in whole or in part, (iii) create any derivative work based on the Portal, (iv) re-distribute or sublicense the Portal, or any part thereof, to any third party, (v) “frame” or “mirror” any content available on the Portal on any other server or wireless Internet-based device, (vi) use the Portal on a service bureau basis, or (vii) allow, assist or permit any unauthorised third party to do any of the foregoing.
- The Portal may contain hyperlinks to pages contained on external
government and non-government websites (third party websites). Unless
otherwise indicated, we:
- do not endorse or authorise the content of any third-party website;
- are not affiliated or associated with the owner or operator of any third-party website; and
no responsibility or liability for the condition or content of any
third-party website or for the operation or function of any service
or facility offered on any third-party website.
- You may access and use the Portal as made available, when you enrol in a module or create an account with the Commission, allowing you to access the private pages of the Portal. The Commission grants you a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license to access and use the Portal.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Commission account and password information, and for restricting access to your computer. In the event of a breach of security, you agree to immediately change your password and to promptly notify the Commission of such a breach in writing to email@example.com.
- You must not provide or publish inappropriate, defamatory or offensive information, materials or comments on the Portal.
- For information about how to make a complaint to the Commission about the Portal, visit the
Feedback and complaints page on the Commission’s website.
- We own all intellectual property rights to our material published on the Portal.
material published on the Portal contains authorship attribution.
Except as expressly set out in these Terms, all intellectual property
rights in respect of the material published on the Portal belongs to
us or the relevant third parties identified.
- You must report to us immediately, and use reasonable efforts to stop immediately, any copying or distribution of the Portal in violation of these Terms that you are aware of or suspect.
the extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for any loss
(including loss from viruses) caused by use or reliance on this
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for any loss (including loss from viruses) caused by use or reliance on this website.
- We may terminate your access to the Portal at any time without notice.
- Upon the termination of your access, you must not use the Portal.
- DATA AND SYSTEMS INTEGRITY
- You acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any corruption or failed transmission of any information attributable to your computer system or to the system or any act or omission of your Internet Service Provider.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website.
- You acknowledge that access to this website: (a) may not be
continuous or uninterrupted at all times; and (b) may be interfered
with by factors or circumstances outside of our control.
- GOVERNING LAW
- The validity, construction, and interpretation of these Terms and the rights and duties of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia. You agree that the courts of the Commonwealth of Australia have non-exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any matter arising from the Terms of this website.
any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable
that provision may be:
- read down to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable; or
- severed and the remaining provisions of these Terms enforced.
inclusion of any email addresses on this website is not consent to
receiving unsolicited commercial electronic messages or spam.
Last modified: Thursday, 21 December 2023.